17 August 2012
Social Media continues to grow and become a part of everyday life for people and businesses worldwide. As this growth continues to expand around the globe, government and defense users are increasingly faced with the task of harnessing this tool to benefit their company.
Current estimates show that there is an estimated:
- 1.5 billion Social Network Services (SNS) users worldwide
- 955 million active Facebook users (June 2012)
- 250 million active Google+ members (June 2012)
- 70% of Facebook users are based outside of the U.S.
- 24 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every second
Due to Power Ten, Inc.’s own success with our social media program, we have been receiving many requests to help other companies launch successful social media campaigns. Therefore, we are proud to launch our newest capability at Power Ten, Inc. Our Social Media offering lead by our communications specialist Darren Johnson.
Online, pull marketing is likely to be much more fruitful than push marketing attempts only as long as the pull message is not contaminated with a sales pitch.
(Technocrati, November 2011)
When is the right time for social media?
- The question isn’t “When is the right time to use Social Media,” it is how soon will my competition pass me by with their strategy.
- Once your competitor succeeds in engaging your customer, they have passed you by, making your job much harder, if not impossible.